EU Citizenship within a few months through investments
Cyprus Citizenship by Investment Programme
- Cyprus passport within 6 months only!
- No requirement to reside in Cyprus
- No donations required
- Investment to be kept just for 3 years
- No exams in history or Greek language
- Minimum investment – €2m
- Wide range of investments – residential or commercial properties, investment funds, shares of companies, government bonds.
|Residential Properties||Commercial Properties||Government Bonds|
|Total amount||€2 mln (ex. VAT)||€2,5 mln (ex. VAT)||€2,5 mln (ex. VAT)|
|Minimum Investment||€2 mln (ex. VAT)||€2mln (ex. VAT)||max €500,000 in Bonds;
€1,5 mln other assets
|Additional Conditions||---||Purchase of private property of minimum €500,000 (ex. VAT)||Purchase of private property of minimum €500,000 (ex. VAT)|
€2 mln (ex. VAT)
€2,5 mln (ex. VAT)
€2,5 mln (ex. VAT)
|Cyprus||Malta||Latvia||UK||Spain||St Kits & Nevis|
|Result||EU Passport||EU Passport||EU Residence for 5 years; passport after 6 years plus exams in the Latvian language and history||EU Residence for 5 years (3 years then 2 years); passport after 6 years plus exam in English||EU Residency for 5 years||Passport St Kitts&Nevis|
|Time to obtain passport||6 months||12 - 14 months||6 years||6 years||10 years||4-6 months|
|Amount of investment||2.000.000||500.000 (or 150.000 plus rent of a property for minimum 16.000 for 5 years)||250.000||2.000.000||500.000||400.000|
|Donation||-||650.000 (plus 50.000 for every adult family member and 25.000 for under 18)||-||-||-||Optional|
|Duration for investment to be kept||3 years||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Assets||Bonds or securities of Cyprus companies, or Real estate, or Business||Bonds and Real Estate||Real Estate||Bonds or securities of the UK companies (75%) and Real Estate or Deposit (25%)||Bonds or Real estate or Business||Donation or Real Estate|
|Physical residence||No||6-12 months||No||Not to be absent for more than 450 days within first 5 years and not more than 90 days within the 6th year||Yes||No|
|Visa free travel, residence and work in EU||Unlimited||Unlimited||Free travel in Schengen countries and residedence in Latvia, no working permission||Residence in the UK, no working permission||Free travel in Schengen countries and residence in Spain, no working permission||Free travel in Schengen countries and the UK limited to 180 days a year; no working permission|
- 43 most progressive, modern and advanced top tier developers
- 5000 quality properties throughout Cyprus
- Big choice of investment properties and properties for living
- KPMG it is one of the world’s largest auditing firms with offices in 155 countries.
- Handling complex cases in the fields of real estate, insurance law, corporate and commercial litigation, immigration law and inheritance.
- Clientele consists of international companies, banks, insurance companies, investment firms and High Net Worth Individuals.
- Offshore gas deposits have recently been discovered. The value amounts to 300%-3000% of GDP. Gas extraction will start from 2019
- Construction of the first casino resort is set to increase the number of tourists by 0.5 to 1mln a year
- Cyprus is a member of European Union and Eurozone
- By GDP per capita Cyprus is at the level of rich European countries - ranked 31st in the World
- Average lifetime – 81 years by women, 78 years by men. Cyprus has modern and effective Healthcare system
- One of the lowest corporate taxes in Europe (12,5%)
- Non-domiciled Cyprus tax residents (i.e. those individuals who have not been tax residents for the last 17 years out of 20) are not subject to tax on dividends generated worldwide and in Cyprus
- No Inheritance tax
- One of the lowest crime rates in the European Union
- More than 90% of the population of Cyprus speak English
- Cyprus ranks 5th best destination country for relocation in the world
- Advanced Legal system based on English law
- A good selection of private English schools providing primary and secondary education in all the major cities of Cyprus
- The best English education in the Mediterranean and one of the best in EU
- A number of well-known UK universities have their branches in Cyprus. 12 local universities offer high European standards of education for the bachelor, master and MBA programmes
- The only European country where one can swim in the sea in November
- Sunny days range from 300 to 340 per year
- The population of Cyprus is only 858.000 people. There are no large industrial enterprises. As a result Cyprus has clean and healthy environment
Please, advise if there are any requirements to an investor related to living in the country prior to obtaining citizenship.
There are no requirements.
Is an investor required to reside in Cyprus after he/she has obtained citizenship in order to retain it?
No, you are not required to reside in Cyprus in order to retain your citizenship.
What tax burdens are imposed on an investor after obtaining Cypriot citizenship? Will the investor be required to pay taxes on income obtained from sources located abroad?
Upon obtaining citizenship of the Republic of Cyprus no new or additional tax liabilities arise for the investor unless the investor opts to become a Cyprus tax resident, i.e. to spend 183 days in Cyprus (or more days than in any other jurisdiction). Cyprus tax residents who are NOT DOMICILED in Cyprus, that means they have not been Cyprus tax residents for 17 years out of last 20, by the July 16, 2015 tax legislation will now NOT BE SUBJECT to taxes on dividends, rental income and bank deposit interest on a worldwide income and income generated in Cyprus. This is indeed revolutionary!
Whether the government bonds as an option of investing is available?
Yes, affordable investments in the bond are €500.000
In case where the applicant is involved in a single group, whether the whole group invests collectively?
Collective investment scheme has been canceled. There is no need to become a member
T. +357 2531 7998